Visited: April 2009
- Currency: Euro
- Travel: An extensive bus network allows travelers to hop a ride anywhere in the city. Cabs are expensive and generally advised against. Most major tourist attractions are easily reached via walking.
- Visit Dublin (The city’s official tourist website)
- Time Out Dublin (Offering an updated guide as to ongoing events in Dublin)
- RyanAir (Irish budget airlines offering cheap flights from most major European cities)
- Lonely Planet’s Guide to Dublin
Places to Visit:
*Dublin Writers Museum – Showcases the rich literary heritage of Ireland.
*Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship Museum – A replica of the Jeanie Johnston, this museum details the history of Irish emigrants during the Great Famine.
*Kilmainham Gaol - Execution place of the ‘rebels’ from the 1916 Easter Rising.